Today I bring you one of my favourite (pun intended) posts to write – a monthly favourites! May has come and (nearly) gone and we’re already nearly half way through the year – how did this happen?! But the end of the month brings a monthly review of what I’ve been enjoying and here it is. I’ve had a big overhaul of my makeup recently so I’ve got a few new things that I’ve been loving, which will likely appear in an upcoming spring everyday makeup routine so stay posted for that one. In the meantime, check out what I’ve been loving this month below:
- Zoeva Cocoa Blend Eyeshadow Palette – £18: So I actually got bought this as a present for Christmas so I’ve had a few months of trying it out and I’ve completely fallen in love with this palette. I think this has definitely been a hyped up product but with very good reason, the shades are so creamy and pigmented and some of the most lovely colours for brown eyes I’ve ever tried. Plus check out those colour names! I’m addicted to the shimmery shades Pure Ganache and Warm Notes and the shade Freshly Toasted is a beautiful rusty red matte shade which I love to blend into the crease of my eyelid. This is one of the most affordable yet what feels like super high end palettes in my opinion and it’s worth every penny. The packaging is gorgeous and feels really expensive too which is an added bonus. My only one flaw with this product is somehow my Bitter Start shade got off to quite a bitter start and cracked with a couple of shards falling out as you can see in the photo *weeps* but this doesn’t make it any less of a favourite!
- Bourjois Délice de Soleil Bronzing Powder: So this is a little bit of a cheat of a favourite item because I actually don’t think that this is available anymore other than likely on ebay or, where I got it, at beauty stores that sell discontinued products. So as far as I’m aware, this bronzer is the old formula of the new bourjois bronzer so hopefully my raving review of this one will still apply to the current bronzers you can buy in the shops now! I got this actually because of an accidental purchase of a foundation that was a shade too light for me. I loved the foundation formula and didn’t want to have to buy a different shade so I thought if I bought a new bronzer I could just bronze up my face with that and this one does the job perfectly. It’s not too orange, it gives me a good healthy glow and it smells like chocolate orange – what could be better! I got it for £5 because it was discontinued but I really have no idea why it was because the product and packaging are wonderful. The packaging has a huge mirror, a free brush (which I don’t use but will come in handy for travel) and the lid swivels meaning you can use it just as a mirror if you want. Basically just a WONDER product if I’m honest!
- Mitchum Ultimate Cream Deodorant – Powder Fresh – £4.99: This might seem like a bit of a boring favourites because no one really talks and raves about their latest deodorant purchase but I truly love this one! I’ve recently been a total convert to roll on deodorants because they seem to last so much longer and prevent me from sweating for much much longer than spray on ones, making me feel fresher for much longer. I’ve tried a few others but nothing to me beats the scent of the powder fresh Mitchum scent because it smells just like baby powder and I LOVE it. The scent lasts for ages and I get a good whiff of it sometimes if I move my arms around and it definitely is a fab deodorant for the summer months coming up for preventing sweating. It’s a little on the pricey side but most definitely worth it.
- Primark High Shine Lipstick Crayon – Nude Glow £2: I picked this lip product up from primark on a bit of a whim one day when I just felt like buying myself a new makeup item (just me?) and didn’t want to spend a lot of money. I’m not entirely sure if this was £2 or £2.50 but it was around that mark and is a fantastic lipstick for the price. It’s a sort of metallic pinky orange nude shade in a crayon form so it glides on really nicely and just gives my lips a bit of a pick me up. I love to use it on an everyday basis so I don’t have to worry about it wearing off or anything in the summer but it gives my lips that little lick of colour that they need to finish of my makeup look. I love how easy it is to use too so it’s perfect for on the go!
- Outdoor Girl Eyebrow Palette £2: So as a final beauty favourite, I chose my new Outdoor Girl eyebrow palette. Now again this is a little bit of a cheat because I got it at the same discontinued beauty store and I’m not sure Outdoor Girl still sells this but it is such a wonderful product for such a little price! When my red hair has faded, I go from using a red/brown shade in my eyebrows to just brown and I tried a few before I landed with this one. I picked it up just by chance because I really liked the darkest brown shade in the palette and thought it would be a good shade for me and it is just the perfect shade! I pop this on and a tiny bit of brow gel an my brows are done for the day. They stay in place and they are really easy to master and the lightest shade here is a gorgeous highlighter for just under my brows. A total winner in my book, just a shame the two blonder shades wont be getting used by me!
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race – Seasons 2 and 3: Finally we come to my one none beauty favourite this month and that is – Ru Paul’s Drag Race. I have no idea why it’s taken me so long to get into this show but I’m finally catching up with the hype and loving every second of it. This show is crazy and exciting and total trash but it is completely up my street and I am ADDICTED. I’ve recently watched seasons 2 and 3 this month and they have fed my post-uni boredom and made me wake up looking forward to the day’s TV bingeing session!
And that’s everything! Hope you’ve enjoyed this monthly favourites and I know there’s a little less than normal but all with good reason! – You’ll see lots of new bits I’ve loved this month cropping up in next week’s makeup tutorial so stay tuned!
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to check out my new blogging Instagram page – sandystefblog. See you next week!
Love, S x