So today I’m bringing you a tutorial for my favourite go-to everyday popping into town/to work/to uni makeup look that I genuinely use on a daily basis. It’s super quick and easy and I find it’s one of my favourite looks, and doesn’t really use too many different products so I find this is really great for travel too!
- I start off my prepping my skin for foundation using The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser (£9). I still find my pores are visible with this so it’s not necessarily doing the job it says on the tin but it’s a heavenly primer. It smells great, a little goes a long way and I know it’s not going to upset my already acne prone skin because it soothes it and acts as a sort of barrier between my pores and my makeup.
- Foundation wise, at the moment I’m loving the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation (£7.99) in the shade 010 light porcelain. I definitely got a shade a tiny bit too light in this but it’s all good because I just bronze it up later but it’s really a great foundation for lasting the day, surviving face sweat and providing the all important spf 20, so great all round for spring and summer. I do prefer to use a bb cream in summer instead of foundation but at the moment, with my skin being a bit all over the place, I want that extra coverage. I apply this with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (£9.99) and away we go.
- Next I use the old favourite, my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer (£4.19) in the shade fair all over my blemishes, red spots and under my eyes. I don’t have much else to say about this concealer because honestly I can’t imagine ever using anything different, it’s just too perfect.
- I set my base with my Natural Collection Pressed Powder (£1.99) in the shade neutral using a powder brush. I’m easy going with powder finding that any powder tends to do the job and this one is working perfectly for me right now in mattifying my face and setting everything in place!
- To bronze up and make myself look a little more tanned in these sunnier months I use the Bourjois Delice de Soleil Bronzing Powder round my cheekbones, on my forehead and along my jawline to give me a bit more of a healthy glow and to finish my face makeup I use the Peach Cobbler Blusher from the Too Faced Eggnog Latte Palette from their Christmas in New York range. This is the perfect spring peach blush shade that looks great on paler skin tones.
- Next up is eyebrows and I use the darkest shade from the Outdoor Girl Perfect Brows Grooming Kit. I pop this all over with an angled brush and finish off with a slick of the Primark Clear Eyebrow Gel (£1) which is just as good as other drugstore eyebrow gels for like a quarter of the price. I then pop a bit of the highlighter shade from the palette on my brow bone and they’re all done.
- Back to the Too Faced Eggnog Latte Palette, I use 3/4 shades to do an easy, quick, messy, subtle smokey eye. I start with shade Eggnog Latte and pop that all over, then I use a mixture of Skinny Latte and Iced Coffee in my crease and finish with a bit of Cold Brew in my outer corner. I blend this all together and it looks like so much more effort has been put in than it has!
- Finally, I finish the eyes with a couple of layers of the Bourjois Volume Reveal Mascara (£9.99). I’m not normally into plasticky wands but I’m definitely a fan of this one. It’s no Better Than Sex but it’s a closer, cheaper second.
- The final finishing touch is lipstick and on an everyday basis I usually go for a nude shade so it gradually wears off and I don’t have to worry about touch ups. For this I use the Bourjois Rouge Laque (£8.99) in the shade 02 Toute Nude.
And that’s everything! I hope you’ve enjoyed this run down of my favourite everyday look at he moment!
Love, S x